Thursday, October 02, 2008

Brrrrr..

Well with the beginning of October, cold weather has descended upon Michigan. That makes life a little more complicated for us. No more outdoor swimming for Katie -- she was still "swimming" as of last week -- it was still in the high 70's here - even though our pool has been down for several weeks now. It also means that Katie has to wear socks -- which is on her list of "dislikes" - but she is becoming more tolerant of them as she gets older. They fly off of her feet the second she gets in the house after school! Cold weather also means that these are not a good option for her - even though they are her favorite.. She likes to wear them all winter -- but we often get weird looks for that! (and no, I don't buy the brand name ones, Family Dollar has great ones for 2.99 -- and sometimes Meijer has them for 4.00 - so that is usually my preference -- HELLO! we're on a budget people! Although I must say that now that gas has come down under 3.50 a gallon here - our budget is much improved !!!

Not too much else to report. The girls have a big walk at school tomorrow - it's the fundraiser for the parents club, of which I am the Sr. Co-chair, so I'll probably be spending a few hours at school tomorrow. I'll try to take some new pics -- it's been awhile -- and I need a new profile pic for my facebook page, too!

3 comments:

kristi said...

We have an above ground pool...we just drained it this week. We are having temps in the 50's in the morning...of course the afternoons are in the 80's and 90's. CRAZY!

Alice said...

My girls love their crocs too. We have one name-brand pair and one Wal-mart pair. Neither they nor I can tell that much of a difference...I will try the dollar store for next summer! (Oh, and I see them at Hancock Fabrics too, if you have one of those nearby...)

Fred said...

72 when I woke up and 87 right now. Autumn you say?