Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Return to Blogging...

So..yes, I'm still alive. December is notoriously a difficult month for me. I work retail, thus long (and very early this year) hours contribute to a lack of sleep. I also have Mary's birthday to handle the week before Christmas - and then of course, Christmas itself. January is usually a nice slow-down month for us...I am definitely hoping for that this year.

I will just highlight a few things from this past month ....

Build-a-Bear. My first official trip. Wow, why couldn't I have invented that place! A true windfall for sure...but my kids both (yes, even Katie...seemed to love it.) Here are the girls modeling their new Holly & Hal Moose "Bears".

We also have started doing the Special Olympics downhill skiing program. It is truly a highlight each week. The pics I have taken aren't great, so I will try and get some when we go this week. Both of the girls (and Bill & I) are able to ski and use the lifts at no charge - which is truly an amazing gift for us. Both of the girls are taking to it with rather amazing quickness...only a few tears so far - so we're doing well. The place we ski has a "magic carpet" which is basically a conveyor belt that the girls can ride up the "bunny" hills - this prevents them from having to learn the rope tow right away - and if you are a skiier - you know that the rope tow can actually be harder to master than most basic skiing skills!
Well - I guess that will do it for now. I need to go and get caught up on all of my favorite blogs..it's been way too long.... See you soon!

4 comments:

Fred said...

Were the tears shed by the adults? :)

Great picture...we just went through old toys last week and found what seemed like a thousand stuffed animals We took them to church.

It's hard to believe the economy is in such bad shape...The Missus was working all sorts of hours.

Happy New Year!

Alysa said...

So good to see you back at the blogging. I was actually just thinking of you today. We were at my mum and dad's small church up in Canada and there was an autistic girl (probably 6 years old) in the service. Just made me realize, again, the difficulties you face. So I stopped and prayed for you, as I prayed for the mom dealing with the little girl. You are a hero in my eyes, Jill.

Jill said...

Fred - no adults crying yet, but we're early in the season -- I'll keep you posted.
Alysa -
thanks for the encouragement. God gives Bill & I the strength we need each day - and we have learned and continue to learn to live one day at a time in His grace :)

Alice said...

I'm glad to see you back too! I look forward to reading all of your adventures in the new year! I guess all of us are using the free "cutest blog on the block" backgrounds--aren't they fun??!