Sunday, April 18, 2010

Walk About, Talk About Autism

We had a wonderful day Saturday at the annual "Walk About, Talk About Autism" walk for our local chapter of the Autism Society of America. It was a bit chilly out....49 degrees to be exact, but Bill and the girls walked a little over 3 miles. (I walked a little bit less than that :)
Mary was with us, too, but for some reason I must not have uploaded the really cute picture I have of her with her autism tattoo on her face...I'll have to figure out where it is on my phone and add it later this week....but it was a great time for the 4 of us...and Katie did exceptionally well.

There was a clown with balloons, crafts, games, prizes, lunch and of course the walk itself. It is a really nice opportunity to see and meet people from our local autism community. Many people who have been a part of Katie's education were there as well as several families we know who also have children with autism.

I think Katie was pretty tired by the time this picture was taken. We were there for about 4 hours....and with all of that walking, she definitely was a trooper!








No comments: