Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I have decided that I need to make a commitment to start blogging again. Katie's journey has become more difficult over the past few years and I feel that this blog is the best way for me to again begin tracking Katie's progress.

Katie is now eleven and will be twelve in the Fall. I cannot believe how quickly time flies - even though at times it seems to drag on forever....especially when Katie is struggling. Although Katie has become much better at using PECS (picture exchange) to express her wants and needs, she also has become more impatient when we are not able to figure out what she wants and get it to her quickly.  As a parent I feel that autism is a continual exercise in patience and determination. I cannot give up.  I have to daily make a choice to fight for what Katie needs. To be patient with her and strive to help her every day.

So as Summer starts to go into full swing - and Katie will be home all Summer this year for the first time in four years -- I commit to blogging again - even if only for myself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello!

I have a quick question for you, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! –Cameron

cvonstjames(at)gmail(dot)com