Monday, September 24, 2007

Why does it seem that weeks go by at a time before I get back to this blog? It is the 4th week of school already. That alone is hard to believe. There is a lot to keep me busy - even with the girls in school all day. I never realized how much I wasn't getting done until I had the time to do it :)

Katie is recovering from an ear infection (common to have lots of them in autistic children). Thankfully she is responding well to the antibiotics and she is in school. Mary received a note home today that she has already benchmarked all of the first quarter reading requirements for 1st grade. I would hope so considering that she is reading everything she can get her hands on. Bill and I are thrilled that she has taken so easily to reading. Bill & I are both avid readers, so it is nice to know that we have passed that on to her at an early age.

I just finished Jenny McCarthy's new book "Louder than Words" - after seeing her on Oprah I just had to get my hands on it. Once you get past her use of some fine 4 letter words, it really is a great book. It's funny - I remember watching her on MTV years ago - and now she is this mom who is fighting for her child's life -- it just shows you that autism can touch anyone - and that being a mother of a child with autism is really all about deciding that you are going to fight for this child. I was really moved by her dedication to Evan - and her desire to help mothers find the best options for their children.

Well, I'm tired - I have caught a cold from Bill & the girls. It seems I am always the last to get sick - so when they all are feeling better, I am crawling into bed.....

Goodnight.

No comments: