Friday, August 15, 2008

Convicted

Yep, convicted. That's really how I felt last night. I had worked long early days on Wed & Thurs. (up at 4:30 am) and by last night I was really tired. Mary has going to VBS all week - and it has been obvious that she has been having a fabulous time. Last night was family night and she had been begging at least one of us to take her - knowing that we wouldn't all go because Katie wouldn't be able to handle it. I hemmed & hawed and tried desperately to get out of it....but finally at 5 minutes to 7 she convinced me (in my extremely disheveled state) to walk out the door and take her. We were 10 minutes late - which is totally not me...so I was a little off from the start...but you know what...it was awesome. The kids sang all of their songs. It was very cool. They showed slides and talked about what they had been learning. 12 children had already made salvation decisions and 2 reassurances of salvation - AWESOME. I was feeling really awesome by the time we left.
Mary was given a CD with all the songs from the week on it - she loves to sing so she did a mini-concert for Bill when we got home because he was not able to go. We also found out that Mary had made a salvation decision this week --so great!!! She did ask Jesus into her heart on her 4th birthday -- but I think she was just so young then...she told us last night that she knew she had asked Jesus into her heart then, but because she didn't actually "remember it, she wanted to do it so she could remember it -- and I was like -- that is just fine! How great!!!! We were thrilled to hear that she had done it independently. Today is the last day of VBS - and if I don't get moving she'll be late...but I just wanted to share .....

Bill & I are going to the race at MIS tomorrow -- so I'll have more later.. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Alice said...

That is so fantastic!!! Sometimes that's the way it is--the things we are reluctant to do, we do: then there is a huge unexpected blessing waiting at the end of it. I'm so happy for Mary!