Thursday, February 05, 2009

Patience

I think God is teaching me to be patient - and no I didn't ask Him to...but I think that is where we are headed. Trusting, depending, walking daily. Waiting. There are so many components to this, but I think that is what God is trying to teach me.

First - I have plantar fasciitis - I think I have mentioned this on the blog before. My foot is in pain - a lot of the time - especially when I am working a lot. I am seeing a great podiatrist, but it involves taping and meds and insoles and stretching and icing, and a night splint....you see where I am going with this..it just takes a lot of work to help reduce the pain - and a lot of visits to the doctor. When I have a few days off work the pain tends to reduce dramatically - but unfortunately, we are not in a position where I can just stop working.

Secondly, I have a very emotional 8 year old living in my home. (And no, we don't wonder where she gets this from.) She has always been an emotional creature, but since her acceleration to 3rd grade it has gotten a lot more "constant". There is just a lot of crying..and often over just very small things. Like I said, she has always trended more toward the emotional side - and I don't know if this is just a phase or what, but it is one of those things that we just don't really seem to be able to get a handle on.

Have a mentioned winter yet? (and no, this isn't meant to be a downer post - it's just where I am right now.) We have good things happening in our life --Katie's progress is great this year and we have a great situation locked in for her again next year -- so that is positive and encouraging. Mary is doing well in 3rd grade despite some emotional challenges, and Bill and I both continue to be employed in good jobs - so yes, we have a lot to be thankful for. I think I just have the February blah's and I need some sun.... It's been a long, cold winter in Michigan -- with no end in sight thanks to that little groundhog:) So, I'll be thankful today - for the good things in my life - and hope that I will quickly learn my lessons in patience and move on to a new life lesson! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Alice said...

Emotional girls and winter blahs--too bad we're not close enough to go for a cup of coffee and commiserate!! I'll be praying for you...I'm sorry about your foot too... :-(

Connie said...

Hey Jill,
I'm in the midst of Plantar Fasciitis as well. I literally feel your pain. I've been to the podiatrist, Physical Therapy and Chiropractor. I'm wearing shoes with inserts, wearing Shoes ALL THE TIME and sleeping with a splint of sorts too. I just got a "stretching block" which is nice. I don't have to work outside the home right now, but I've got three boys 5 and under, so I'm on my feet a lot as well. It hurts! I know! I'll be praying for you..and I let you know if I find a miracle cure!