Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wednesday --- My oh my! What else can I say. It is my day off -- again :) - Because today is my and Bill's 9th wedding anniversary. That is hard to believe. It has been a long road - but a fulfilling one. I look at the girls and I know that what we all have is great and special, and in the world we live in, it is an accomplishment to be proud of. No big plans today -- Bill and I are going out to dinner, but the girls and I are just hanging out today. I need a day to recoup because yesterday after I got home from work, Katie managed to climb up on the kitchen counter and pull out a crystal salad bowl which she proceeded to shatter all over the kitchen counter and floor. It looked like a diamond mind exploded in my kitchen. I should have taken a picture, but I was so insane with panic that I couldn't. katie was cut and bleeding and she was trying to get out of the kitchen by walking over the glass -- I've never seen such a mess. Mary was a big help to me, but it was an hour of cleaning, vaccuuming, repairing cuts and scrapes and trying to keep Katie out of the kitchen so that she didn't get hurt. If she gets out of my sight for more than 30 seconds, it is trouble waiting to happen! I will tell you all that we did get a new tv - and Bill has put brackets around it so that Katie will not be able to pull it off of the entertainment center. His comment was "it will be pretty hard for someone to steal the tv, now." I was kind of like " who is trying to steal the tv....", but hey, whatever works! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, BILL!! I love you!!!

3 comments:

Fred said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

keesh said...

Happy Anniversary!

Emily Beth said...

Uh oh!! She hasn't been on for a few days?!? Is she slipping?? I hope not, this is the only way I know what's going on with you! Miss ya!