Saturday, July 08, 2006

What a Week... Wow .. it has been a crazy one. I am so tired. I never like these 5 day in a row stretches at work. Plus there has just been a lot going on. As some of you know, with Katie's autism things are never dull around here. She really loves watching videos on tv, as is common with most autistic children. However, her attachment to the tv has led to its ultimate destruction as it has been licked, pulled, slapped, knocked over and handled far too much. It died for good last night. Bill has fixed it several times in the past, but it is beyond hope I fear. Far beyond the "Lazarus" stage as I would call it. I believe that we are going to have to go get a new tv today. Actually I think that Bill and the girls are going to go get it while I'm at work. That ought to be interesting. There is a circuit city right next to my Kohls', so I'll probably take my lunch when they come and go over to help pick it ought. If money wasn't a consideration, we should probably get a projection tv so that she can't knock it over. Our vacuum also died this week, so I have been on appliance replacement overload, but I found an awesome clearance deal at work on a vaccuum, so we should be all set with that one. I also took Katie up to have her blood drawn for all of the tests that her new doctor wants to run. That was kind of stressful as Katie hates being confined or restrained at all and in order to draw blood, that is necessary. They are running a huge battery of tests including food allergy and metal counts to see what is going on in that body of hers. It's a never ending journey of trying to figure out what we can do to help her "escape" the things that confine her inside of herself. Well, I've got tons to do and I have to work at 3, so I had better go..... Have a great weekend. I'll write more later, probably Monday because I am finally OFF!!!!

3 comments:

keesh said...

aw, that poor baby getting blood drawn. What about getting a smaller TV and putting it up higher on the wall?

keesh said...

they have those shelf things, then she couldn't reach it, but it might be hard to look up at the TV all the time. hmm, I don't know girl :)

Jill said...

Kish -- the new tv is "bolted" in - so we should be all safe and sound -- but we have talked about mounting a smaller one in her room up where she can't get it. It's a never-ending struggle to keep her both safe and happy!!