Thursday, September 14, 2006

I spent most of my day at the Allegan County Fair with my daughter Katie and her early childhood class on their field trip. It was "handicap" or "special ed" day at the fair. Admission was free and they could ride the rides for about 1 1/2 hours for free. It was great fun for them. Katie was so tired by the time we were done, but it was a great time. I think it is so important for kids like Katie to have exposure to public events like the fair. Even though she did have several meltdowns, she was such a trooper! This is a self-portrait that I took of the two of us when we were hanging out waiting for her class. Katie would not go in any of the animal barns. She caught one whiff of the smell and she was done for the day, so she and I walked around and for awhile we just sat on a picnic table and watched people an animals go by. She loved that!!! She is such a joy to my heart!!! I'm glad I was able to spend the day with her. I think she may be "mommy'd out"!!

3 comments:

keesh said...

Awe, how cute and fun! Glad she enjoyed her day at the fair!

Cathy said...

I just found your blog - love the picture of you and your daughter.

I'm a preschool special ed teacher...

Jill said...

Welcome, Cathy. I love the pic, too..especially because it shows a lot to me about how far Katie has come... :)