Saturday, September 09, 2006

What a week....

I have not been meaning to be neglectful of my blog...but as I have looked through my blogging pals blogs, they too seem to be running a bit behind in updating. It is just a busy time of year with the kids getting back to school. I feel like we are running at 100 miles an hour all the time. Also, our church has built a new addition and our first day in the new church is tomorrow ..so that is just more "excitement" to our already crazy schedule.

Things are going pretty well with back to school. Katie is not adjusting as well as Mary. Mary loves kindergarten and loves riding the bus. She is doing fine with public school. She has asked a couple of times if she is going back to her old school...but I think she is almost past it. Katie is another story. She either doesn't want to get on the bus, or doesn't want to get off the bus. On Friday, she had her shoes off in the van (at the bus stop on the corner) and I had to carry her to the bus and put her shoes in her backpack. When the bus driver dropped her off at lunch time, he said that by the time he got to school she had her shirt off, too! You have to love autistic kids and how they hate shoes and clothes in general!! It's funny to me now, but I do wish that she could at least wear shoes!!!

Well...it's getting late and I'm actually watching Dale Jr. try and secure a spot in the Nextel chase for the cup. I challenge all of my blogging pals to update their sites very soon as I am dying for an update!!!

2 comments:

Fred said...

I've been one of those neglecting blogging in general. It's been busy for all of us, I guess.

keesh said...

I finally updated mine. i was so busy I just didnt' have time for it...ahh! but it is updated. glad school is going ok :). Katie will get there with it...