Thursday, October 25, 2007

COULD SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME WHY WE HAVE TELEPHONES? It's just 8:30 in the morning and I have already had 5 phone calls - work, Katie's teacher, a solicitor, etc, etc. Yikes. I'm tired. I was supposed to work this morning - but they called at 6:30 (I was already showered and dressed) and said I didn't have to come in if I didn't want to---they are running behind on payroll -- so I said, "sure, I'll stay home". I have Katie's IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting this afternoon - I'm a little stressed about it - so it might be good to be home and get some work done here so that I am more relaxed for the meeting.

We went to Katie's AUTISM DOCTOR yesterday. I call her that because she is the only doctor we have found who will actually give us medications to try and detox Katie's body of the heavy metals. We started a series of B12 shots -- I have to administer the shot -- I did it in the office yesterday - and almost started crying - but amazingly Katie started talking yesterday. She said "on " three times - she said "daddy" twice, she said "hi" several times, and she said "I'm Katie!" last night. Yep-- I know it may be hard to believe but -- after reading Jenny McCarthy's book (see previous posts) and seeing how her son's vocabulary doubled on the days that he received B12 shots - I thought it was something that we had to try. Even after 1 day I am so glad that we did. This is a child whom I haven't heard say much of anything other than "Katie" on occasion for the past two months -- we'll see how it goes. The shots are every other day -- so no shot today - we'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: