Thursday, October 11, 2007

I know it's been a few days...things have been busy. Lots going on with the girls, etc. Katie escaped her classroom through a window yesterday... yes, you read that correctly. The window had been left open and the screen was out of the window because of a portable air conditioner they had used the previous day (it had been 86 degrees). When the teacher/aides were occupied, she climbed up to the ledge and hopped out. I know it sounds crazy, but she has climbed out of the window at home before, so this isn't a completely foreign concept. She did it because it was raining that morning and even though the picture card on her daily schedule said "playground", they went to the gym instead. She was mad that she didn't get to go to the playground (her favorite place) - so she waited for the perfect opportunity when no one was looking and she hopped out and went directly to the playground. I'm actually pretty calm about it. I commend the teacher for calling me right away and letting me know what happened. In the classroom Katie was in last year, she got away for an extended period of time and I wasn't even called to be informed of what had happened - so this is an improvement. It's all part of loving Katie -- who by the way will be 5 on Sunday - that is hard to believe. My baby is turning the big 5!!

No comments: