Wednesday, January 07, 2009

3rd grade update...

Yes, after 3 full days in 3rd grade, Mary (and mommy, too) seem to be adjusting well. I think we have most of the kinks ironed out (Monday was a little rough). Mary seems to be making friends fairly well...and I am anticipating good things. They started learning their multiplication tables yesterday...so I am glad she is there and somewhat settle to begin that learning process with her new peers.

Katie is also adjusting well to the return to school. Almost surprisingly so. She seems quite happy to be back in a daily routine with her teacher and friends...so we are thankful for that, too. I am going to try and take to speech therapy tomorrow afternoon. She hasn't been since early November, so I'm not sure what her reaction will be. It seems her aversion to transition has grown -- and when we leave school and go places - or vice versa - this is when she often develops self-harming behavior (like when she slammed her face into the sink at school and blood was basically everywhere....). So, with that said, therapy days are always kind of a wild-card. I'll be interested to see how tomorrow goes. We have skiing tomorrow night, too -- but it has become very cold here - and is supposed to keep dropping - so we'll have to see how that develops -- maybe I'll actually get to take some pictures.

1 comment:

Alice said...

Glad to hear the girls are adjusting to school again so well! We enjoyed winter break, but I am glad it's over. :-)