Thursday, March 19, 2009

Almost back to "Normal"

I hesitate to write this, but I think we are finally getting back into the routine of life. Both girls have recovered from influenza (which was the cap-off to a month of illness) and are back to school. Katie thrives on routine, so after 11 days off between winter break and illness, it has been a bit of an adjustment but she seems to be loving the predictability of school. Mary always loves school, so for her it's now all about finishing 3rd grade well and making her "AR" (Accelerated Reader) goal for the last trimester.

Not too much else happening here. Bill is headed out of town for a quick trip to Alabama -- flying down and driving a car back...so he'll be gone for about 36 hours. Not quite enough time for a room remodel or anything, but I may see how much CLUTTER I can get out of the house. I keep seeing the Oprah episodes with that organizational /de-clutter guy who talks about how much easier it is to enjoy life when you don't have all the clutter. I started today...but I'm saving a few of the big projects (linen closet and kitchen cabinets/drawers) for his absence...I think he'll be surprised. I probably need to do before/after pictures so I can realize and take a bit of pride in how much work it's going to be ...but it will be so nice when it's done :)

No comments: