Sunday, June 04, 2006

I can't believe that the months have flown by since I've updated the blog. Have I said before that autism can at times be an all-consuming thing. It definitely has been lately. Although Katie continues to do well and is making great improvements - it seems that we are constantly facing new challenges. She finishes school this week and as of today we have very few plans for her summer. I know that it will be difficult for her to be out of her routine and away from her daily school schedule which she loves. We have been able to get into a speech therapy program for the summer (and beyond) --but that will be once a week at most -- so not enough to fill the void of school-life. We have all been sick, too - which doesn't help. Katie had the stomach flu. Do you know how horrible it is to wake up in the morning and realize that sometime during the night your 3 year old threw-up all over herself, but had no way to let you know that she needed your help. It is crushing for me... We are all starting to feel better, but it has been a long week. Well, I promise to start updating more often again.......

2 comments:

Emily Beth said...

Well I'll be! I am so happy to see you!!

keesh said...

ME TOO! Glad you are back and that things are going ok! Been thinking about you guys a lot. take care,