Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Busy Thursday

Well I'm pretty sure I'm over my strep throat - or at least the antibiotics have kicked into high gear and I'm feeling much better. A week and good medicine can make a world of difference.

Today was crazy. I had to work at 6 for the second day in a row - so yes, I'm tired. My mom watched Katie as Mary is still at camp. She'll be home early tomorrow....and a big surprise awaits her. My mom & I redecorated her room. I felt like we were on "Extreme Makeover - Mary's room edition." My hair, legs, feet and arms are all "Pretty in Pink" Pink. It's a Disney color - and if I wasn't so tired I'd probably look up the link for you -- maybe I will tomorrow, but at this point I'm simply struggling to keep my eyes open :) I couldn't take a pic of the room tonight because I want to take it with sunlight in the window. It's a really nicely lit room with a morning sun window...so I'll try to take some pics in the morning before Mary gets home. The pink is almost overwhelming - but that's what she wanted. They say pink is a relaxing color. We'll see if that works.
I am so happy that gas has dropped to 3.65 here that I couldn't even wait for a "weekend update" post to share. Not sure how or why that has happened, but my mini-van and my budget are not complaining at all :)

On Tuesday night we were able to go down to St. Joe and visit Mary. We spent some time at the beach which was awesome and we also got to eat some of the most amazing Mexican food I've ever had (better than anything I had while I lived in Chicago, so that is saying a lot.) Mary was so tired that she fell asleep (picture) on the 5 minute drive from the beach to the restaurant. It was quite the evening.

Well, I'm sure I'll have much more as the weekend develops, but for now sleep is calling. Good-night.


3 comments:

Fred said...

Isn't it great when they take a quick nap in the car? I was watching one of those nanny shows on TV and the only way the dad could get his kids to sleep was to take them for a spin in the minivan every night. Every night.

I love Mexican food. The Missus hates it. So...I don't sample it too often.

Gas dropped much quicker up there. We're at $3.75 here.

Jill said...

Fred - The nap ended up being because she was coming down with a double ear infection & possible strep throat. She got home from camp on Friday morning and said that she had felt horrible all week :( I felt so badly for her --she didn't want to tell anyone out of fear that we would make her leave camp... she has seen the doctor and is doing much better :)

Alice said...

Can't wait to see pics of the room and hear about AG camp! Sorry everyone was sick. I'm hoping August will be a good month for all of us!