Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm starting to feel better....about the situation with Mary and the hot tub. I haven't let Mary play with the little girl since Friday when I heard about it through the grapevine. Mary keeps asking me why and I just tell her that until Mommy can talk to the other Mommy she isn't allowed to play over there. She's funny b/c she keeps saying, I already promised ___ (the other mommy) that I won't play in the pool anymore. I just have to tell her that I know, and that I appreciate how honest she was in coming forward about it, but that mommy needs to clear some things up before she can play with her friend again. What a pain in the butt. But on to bigger and better things.... We have pulled Mary from private school and have enrolled her in public school. This has been a very emotional decision for both Bill and I. We have been praying for a peace about it, and actually I was amazed at how easy it was to enroll her in public school. She will be in the same building as Katie -- we have two elementary schools in town - and she will go in the morning just like Katie. She is very excited .. and I am just relieved. I told her Private School teacher yesterday and she was just devastated. The school has been having a lot of problems - it is really sad. We are just at a point where we are doing what we have to do...I hate life changing decisions - they are hard work.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Tell Mary we love her and are very proud of her for telling the truth!

Fred said...

Best of luck as she starts her journey in a public school, Jill. If her teachers are anything like the ones I work with, she'll be in good hands.