Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Today Was Crazy

Well it was my day off, but it wasn't a true day off. Katie had her yearly appointment with the pediatric neurologist this morning. That went pretty well. She said that Katie looked great and that it seemed like, all things considered, Katie was doing really well. We talked about the new doctor we are seeing and how we are trying to modify her diet and see what happens. Like my pediatrician she also told me not to put too much hope in "alternative" medicines. She was concerned that I might have become "Anti-vacine" (which I am not). I told her that I am not opposed to vaccinating children, I just think that parents need to be better educated about what is in the shots and in how they are being administered.
Once we got past that it was a good visit. Katie is all set for another year unless we start to have more sleep issues or if any new issues develop. Then we came home and Mary went with Papa B to Coney Island for lunch and then to the lake for a swim. She learned how to "dive" off the diving board today....she is growing up so fast. Katie had speech therapy this afternoon. That went really well. She is making such good progress. By the time we got home from that it was 3 o'clock and the day was pretty much spent. Seems like today was my day to run 5 million errands - so I am tired. But all of this is why I am a few days behind on the blog...hope to do better...but I close the next two nights at work, so we'll see what happens. :)

No comments: