Friday, December 30, 2005

I first of all want to apologize for being so neglectful of my blog. Things have been crazy. I know that I still need to upload birthday and Christmas pics..and I will try to get to that as soon as I can, but lots has been going on, so here it is in a nutshell.

Katie -- her ear infection came back and we had to increase her medication, but I think she is finally feeling better. She had a good Christmas and even did well at an extended family Christmas party -- which is usually a hard thing for her b/c she has to deal with a large group of people that she doesn't know. She also said "PaPa" for the first time (yesterday) and used it correctly as she addressed my dad with it twice. He is of course "smitten" as my mom said. We are thrilled for her that she is figuring out how to get these words out - and of course we are happy for "PaPa" as it is a real treat to get this "recognition" from Katie.

Mary - has finally recovered from the ear infection/pink eye thing -- and I think that we all safely escaped the pink-eye. She had a good Christmas and is now a big fan of her Leapster L-Max and has enjoyed staying up late over Christmas Break. She saw "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" with her Auntie on Tuesday and we have heard lots about that ever since.

Me - Well, I have taken a promotion with Kohls which is moving me to a larger store about 10 minutes further away than my present store. I'm excited and scared at the same time as this job will start on Monday (1/2). I'm wiped out from a busy Christmas retail season, but am thankful for my new job and the new opportunities it will bring.

Bill - is on a three week lay-off from work, but received a phone call that they have done some rearranging of staff and he has received a nice promotion. So now both of us are starting new jobs. We need to figure out some additional childcare for the girls as now it will be too much for my mom to handle on her own.

That is it in a nutshell.....I will try to be more consisitent -- maybe thta should be my New Years Resolution !!!!

No comments: