Monday, December 12, 2005

Well this is my week to get into the Christmas Season. My schedule at work is light, and I don't have to close the store for a whole week -- so I may actually get some sleep this week. I need to do Christmas cards, shopping, wrapping and get ready for Mary's 5th birthday which is Sunday and which I haven't really done anything for yet! YIKES!

I need more coffee today though... I got home at about 1 am from work and b/c I was so wound up from work I couldn't get to sleep. I put away about 10 loads of laundry and finally fell asleep a little after 2... so now I am soooo tired. I dropped Katie off at school this morning and one of the teachers says, " Wow, Jill...are you okay? You look really tired!" I wanted to say , "why ever would you think I'm tired? I have two kids under the age of 5 - one with autism, I work full-time, try to run a house, pay bills with no money and you want me to look anything other than tired!" But I was nice and just said, "yeah, work is catching up with me -- I could just use a little more sleep."

I desperately need to spend some time on ebay, too to see if I can catch some good last minute deals for Christmas -- especially since I have hardly started shopping.... Any good ideas for a 5 year old girl that don't cost a fortune????

9 comments:

Jill said...

What are girly lego's??? Like Dora and stuff -- I might have to check into that....

keesh said...

Cabbage Patch Dolls :). at least if I was 5 that is what I would want :). they are reasonably priced and you might find them on ebay too!

Jill said...

I'm trying to stay away from the doll thing b/c my mom and dad have bought her a life-like doll that is awesome and I know she is going to love it --- I'm not sure that she will have an interest in a cabbage patch doll after she gets the other doll. I was thinking maybe a cute little necklace, but I'm having trouble finding a chain that is short enough for her. We have really cute sterling silver on sale at Kohl's right now, but the chains are 18 inches and I really think 16 would be more than enough for her.

Emily Beth said...

My mom makes very pretty jewelry, I could bring some of her little girl stuff to work. Do you work Thursday night? Let me know! Is it Christmas vacation yet?! lol

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

Okay, let me try this again...yes, Emily I would love to see some jewelrey. I work Wed, Thurs (2-7) and Sat am.

keesh said...

does she like to dance? they have this new kidz dance mat thing and the kids learn how to dance with it...just an idea

Leslee said...

One of the things my 5 year old little girl is getting this year for Christmas is doll accessories. She's getting a stroller, baby doll diapers, bottles, a diaper bag, and I think my mom's looking for a crib of some sorts. Peanut thinks she's a real mom (well, actually all her dolls are her baby brothers and sisters...) with all the extra stuff. I also got her her own Dora computer game, the one I got was 20 but I've seen others for 10.

I have a nephew that's autistic. He's an amazing child and his mother impresses me on how well she actually survives on little to no sleep.

I enjoyed the blog!

Emily Beth said...

Oh Jill....where have you gone! I know you are a busy busy girl....I need my Jill fix!