Sunday, October 15, 2006

Well, although the graphic quality of this pic is not the finest, Pudge Rodriguez says it all with his expression ... GO TIGERS!! I am so excited about the Tigers going to the World Series. As I have shared with some of my blogging pals, I have been a Tiger fan since I was 14 years old and I was in love with Lance Parrish, the catcher for the Tigers, who won the world series that year. Ever since, through Thick and Thin -- and there has been a lot of Thin, let me tell you, I have remained a true Tiger fan.

Finally, this year, we have had something to cheer about. I thought it was interesting that my local newspaper stated that it was appropriate that Detroit have a good year in baseball because the state of Michigan as a whole has really needed something to cheer about. Hello, we have to put up with the Detroit Lions -- although they did win today! Seriously, with unemployment and all of that, it is nice to have some nice Michigan news for a change. Go TIGERS~~~

3 comments:

Fred said...

Umm, go Mets?

Jill said...

Fred -- you still have a little hope! :)

Susie -- Lance Parrish actually ended up being an assistant coach for the Tigers for a couple of years (recently) -- not sure what he's doing now...but I can transfer my crush to Ivan Rodriguez :) Go TIGERS!!

keesh said...

I agree! it is fun! I remember the last time they were in the World Series, um yeah, Now I feel old :)...My Mother was a huge fan so I knew alot of the players and thought Kurt Gibson was adorable :).

Katie looks like she is apprehensive as she reaches for that apple, BUT GO HER for giving it a try :)