Monday, March 31, 2008

A Little Paint, and A Little Frustration




This was our Easter weekend painting project. The room isn't completely put back together, and the ceiling still needs a new coat of white, but this was the first time (I'm ashamed to say) that we have painted the master bedroom in the almost 9 years that we have lived in this house. I should have taken before and after pics -- because this blue is like a whole new world for our bedroom. It's a very nice color -- and yes, those are penguins on the sheets -- we still have the flannels on because this is Michigan - remember :)
I just remembered this afternoon to take the bunny flag out of the front yard. Mary was like "Mom, it's not Easter anymore" ..I just had to laugh... so now there is no flag until I dig a different one out of the cabinet...but at least there's no more bunny flag in 15 inches of snow.
Well now for the frustration.....yep, Katie and school. It's stressing me out again. I got a call today that she was freaking out because they would not let her turn the lights off for rest time because one of the other students was still eating lunch. Apparently Katie is the one who always turns the lights off for rest time -- and today she was ready before everyone else. I guess it turned into craziness - she was tantruming and they had to restrain her because they were afraid she was going to get hurt. If it isn't one thing it seems to be another. For now, all I can do is pray -- and get my act together so that I can once again pursue that which is best for Katie. We did start the meds again last night. As far as I can tell that seems to be going fine..but only time will tell.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Congrats on finishing a painting project. I know how hard it is!