Tuesday, March 04, 2008

UP LATE....

Well, I'm up late. Everyone in the house is asleep except for me. That in and of itself is not really that unusual. We are all ALMOST healthy -- or at least getting there. It's been a long week and a half. I just can't sleep tonight...so I thought I would try and do a little "blogging". There are a few things I wanted to write about.

1) Yes, I have started my book.
2) Yes, I have started reading again..
3) Yes, I have started scrapbooking again.
4) Yes, I am starting to get organized and it feels really good :)

I know, I'm mental - but it works for me. I have really been trying to get my life and our home organized. I haven't been working a lot since the first of the year because in retail there aren't a lot of hours to be had January through April -- so I'm taking advantage of it. I am trying to knock out little projects each day, like cleaning a closet or a drawer or two. I am working on the playroom in the basement right now - and that isn't a small project. Thanks to some naughty pets and a child with autism who got a little carried away with a crayon :) we are basically redoing the whole basement which we just finished about 18 months ago. It's basically just a lot of cleaning and throwing away bags of CRAP! Broken toys, Happy Meal toys, ripped books, all that kind of stuff. It sure does feel good to get it all out of there. Once it's cleaned up I am going to repaint it in a darker color. We have ripped out the carpet and are going to polyurethane the floor (so it looks like a "shop" floor) and then we will put some foam mats down in certain areas). It is a huge project, but it will be worth it when it's done.

Well, I guess I should call it a night. Katie has double duty therapy tomorrow (both speech and OT) so it will be a full day....

No comments: