Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Meds Update

Just wanted to throw out a quick update on Katie's meds. Mostly so that in a month I can look back and see where we were at. She is taking .25mg in the morning and the same dose again at night. This is only half of the dose that the neurologist originally prescribed for her - but right now it seems to be working. She is calm but not spaced out. She is able to sit in one place for more than 5 minutes - which in and of itself is amazing. I would like to see a little more focus - but I'm not sure that up'ing the dose is the answer at this point. Bill and I are happy with the improvement that we have seen - and she is starting to talk ! PTL! I'm looking forward to sending her back to school next week without telling them that we have added the daytime dosage and see if they notice any improvement!

1 comment:

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

Hello Jill,, I'ts good to know that you can see an improvement on Katie... I'm wishing you all the best ...
Just passing by to check how things going ....
Hope you wont mind me adding your site on my site ,, its easy for me to click your name and check up the latest..
Well,, may you have a good day,,,, See you around..

JoyD http://whenmomtalks.com
& my hubby's site about Braiden's autism
http://beautifulbeautifulboy.blogspot.com