Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mom Thoughts...






Not being a full-time stay at home mom, this is an interesting week for me. My girls are on Spring Break, Bill is very busy at work, and I have taken 10 days off to enjoy being home with the girls. I can't remember the last time I had 10 days off in a row. It's kind of a weird concept for me.
I don't work that much - only 15 - 25 hours a week, sometimes more and sometimes less. But to not be working at all is kind of fun. The weather has finally turned nice here in snowy Michigan - and the girls are enjoying it. So are mommy and daddy.
Katie has tons of energy lately. We finally have her meds balanced (at least for the night time dose). We are considering adding the daytime dose again over Spring Break so we can monitor her progress at home without the somewhat negative comments that tend to come home from school. For some reason, school has been extremely negative about using any kind of meds with autistic children -- and that is one thing I just can't figure out. (yes, we have a mini-tramp in our front room. Katie uses it for self-regulation. It is a much needed part of many autistic children's lives).

To keep things fair (because that is how 7 year olds like it), Mary also wanted her picture taken. She does not have Katie's energy these days- but she has started Spring soccer and is actually excited about it - so we'll see how that goes.

Well, for now I think that is the end of my mom thoughts...too many and my brain starts to hurt.

No comments: