Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Old Friends are the Best Friends...

Yesterday was a great day for me. I was able to meet with one of my dearest friends from my childhood who I had not seen in 20 years. We were supposed to have lunch, but we got talking and the time just slipped by. I'm hoping that we can hook up again in a few weeks. We live about an hour and a half apart ..not too bad really. We met in the middle and it was great. I had to chuckle because as we were leaving she said, "Were you at all worried that we wouldn't have anything to talk about?" (At this point I should have said, "How well do you know me" because all my friends know I'm a 'talker') - but I just said, "No. I wasn't worried." It was great! And the amazing thing is how much we have in common. Children with disabilities. We each have a child on the autism spectrum. It was absolute bliss to chat with her. Thanks, Kim, for now being my "oldest"('cause you know we're not old!) and "dearest" friend.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Jill~

I've found that there is a huge sisterhood of support out there, and I'm just one member. I am so excited when I think of how God could use me, little 'ol humble me, to make a difference in a hurting mama!!!

Thanks for your comment on my recent post. I don't want to get maudlin about the whole thing. I just want to share how far God has brought me through a series of events that were totally in His control and not mine.

I cherish your empathy.

Leanne in Longview