Saturday, April 12, 2008

More Chicago...




So I didn't get to this yesterday, but here is the Readers' Digest version of our Chicago trip. We knew it was going to be a rainy day, but that didn't stop us. We headed straight for American Girl Place. My hubby doesn't really like Chicago, so when the parking ramp we planned to park in was full, I heard "I hate Chicago" mumbled from the drivers seat. I looked over at him and said "you've got to be kidding. Do you know how many parking garages are in downtown Chicago?" I got him safely into the Northwestern Hospital ramp (which by the way cost us $30 for the few hours we were there -- I don't miss that about Chicago at all.) and we headed in the pouring rain and almost hurricane like winds to American Girl Place. That part was amazing. We spent quite a bit of time walking through all 3 levels of the store. They have some really cool displays for each of the time periods that the dolls represent. It also took Mary awhile to decide which doll she wanted (her belated birthday present from December). She decided on Mia and we headed out for Giordano's (which for those of you not familiar with Chicago is right around the corner. :) ) We pigged out basically - it's a once a year thing, so I'm not ashamed to say it. It was Mary's first time at Giordano's -- so it was a special treat.
We headed back out in the rain. We were going to Water Tower place for a little bit, but Mary saw the Disney store and decided that she didn't want to get soaked, so she picked the Disney store. That was fine with us. We made a few purchases and headed to the car.
We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home. YUM! It was a great day. I had missed Katie, but as I said in my earlier post, she had a great day with my mom - and her meds seem to really being doing great things for her...so it was a great day all around.


No comments: