Wednesday, November 02, 2005

It's NOVEMBER 2 and the school still has not posted the aide position yet. The aide was supposed to have been hired and in place by yesterday. I'm getting really frustrated. Katie was in class this morning and she actually said, "Hi, Jen" to one of her teachers in the hallway. It was awesome. It just shows me how important it is for her to be in class every day. She is doing so well -- and really showing daily improvements...but it bothers me that I have to fight just to get her IEP implemented.

I worked til 12:30 last night, and tonight again, too. I just bought some yummy French Vanilla Cappuccino at the store...I'll have to brew a gallon of it this afternoon to keep me going...but the good news is that I have tomorrow off. Hopefully I'll have some good news about Katie's aide today...I'm going to call the supt. right now!

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's funny that you say that, b/c Katie's teacher called me this afternoon and gave me the names of a few people I could call to get some advice. Tomorrow is my day off, so I am going to try and make a few calls. I didn't get a return call from the special ed sup't -- not a huge surprise! I am going to check right now and see if the posting made it up today. Doubtful! Thanks so much for your support -- it is good to know that someone else "gets it" when it comes to IEP's and all of the issues that happen when you try to get special needs kids what they truly need.

keesh said...

hey Jill, can you email me at kish1176@yahoo.com so I have your email address. I don't really want to post on my blog the name of my Church :), but i will gladly email it to you!