Friday, November 04, 2005

Well, it's Friday, November 4 and once again, Katie's aide position is still not posted. I called the monitor for the county and told her I wanted to begin the process of filing a formal complaint for being out of compliance with the IEP. She called the Special Ed Supt and told him that if the position wasn't posted by the end of the day today, we would be filing a complaint first thing on Monday am - and if they don't have an aide hired by next Friday and in the classroom on the following Monday, we will be filing a complaint. She is awesome --- I'm so pleased to have such a great advocate. As of this time tonight, the position is not posted on the school webpage, so it looks as though I'll be filing a complaint Monday Morning. This isn't really how I wanted things to shake down, but I feel as though we are running out of options.

School was good for Katie today. She loves it a lot. I found out that her new thing is trying to climb into the sand table. We have quite a large sand box in the back yard, and she doesn't seem to be able to figure out that the sand table isn't a sandbox, and you can't sit in it, or at least you shouldn't. So now they put sand in a dishpan and let her sit in that. It's pretty funny!

I worked tonite..and I'm tired. I'm feeling much better, but I'm still coughing a little.. not a lot of fun. But I have Sunday and Monday off before 5 days in a row, so that should help knock the cough out for good.

2 comments:

keesh said...

May I ask where she attends school? Sorry they are screwing around. I mean, how hard is it to post a position? That is part of their job. Hang in there hon!

I don't know if you have already stated this or not, but when did you first discover Katie had autism and what where her signs?

keesh said...

I went back and read your first post so it is clear to me...thanks for posting this. It will help other's who wonder themselves. I know some Woman who wonder about some of their relative's.Sounds like you do an amazing job with her and you and your husband be very proud of yourselves!