Sunday, November 06, 2005

Well its Sunday, and I guess I'll be filing a complaint in the morning that the school district is out of compliance seeing as the posting for the aide is still not on the school district website. I really didn't want it to progress to this point. I had hoped that the "word of warning" from the advocate/monitor would be enough to prompt action, but apparently not.

It has been a pretty good weekend. Everyone is finally healthy, even though the weather this weekend has been yucky. I couldn't believe how hard it was raining this morning when we woke up. (And how cold it has gotten).

I have today and tomorrow off and then I have 6 days on in a row -- I can tell that I work retail and we are getting ever closer to the holidays. I can't believe we are this close to Thanksgiving already.

I did want to comment, mostly for my own future reference, that Katie has been eating so well as of late. I don't know if I had mentioned it before on this blog, but in general, autistic children, especially toddlers and preschools tend to be horrible eaters -- extremely picky and very finicky. One day they will eat something and the next they will throw it on the floor with no explanation as to why. Katie has always been a good "drinker", but solids are another story. She usually will only eat crunchy foods (like chips and pretzels), and her new favorite - OREO's, but yesterday she ate 6 chicken nuggets, and a bunch of fries (made at home, not McDonalds) for lunch, and then tonight she ate about that many chicken nuggets again. I think she has finally realized how hungry she actually is. She is growing, too. She has been wearing the same size clothes for almost a year now, but I can see it in her legs that she is getting taller and finally starting to grow -- that is exciting for me.

Well, I'm sure I'll have more tomorrow on the whole "out of compliance" issue.... Goodnight.

1 comment:

keesh said...

anything come of the complaint today>?