Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Well, it's actually super late on Monday night, but it will show as Tuesday on the post because it's after midnight. What a disaster of a day. The posting wasn't on the website so I called the monitor/advocate first thing this morning. She asked me to call the superintendents office and confirm that the position was or wasn't posted. When I called I spoke to the supt's secretary who proceeded to royally reem me out. She had been in the hospital for 5 days and apparently she is the only person in the entire school district who knows how to post a job (not just to the internet, but simply just to put up a job posting --- unbelievable.) Anyway -- she proceeded to twist everything aroud to the point that I was bawling -- she told me that I was going to have to give her a week to get caught up and then I could find out if the position was posted. She wouldn't even let me get a word in edgewise. I was simply just trying to tell her that we were filing a complaint today and I needed to make sure that the position wasn't posted. After I hund up with her -- and I could hardly speak at this point - I called the monitor back and told her what had happened. At that point we decided we had no choice but to file the out of compliance and I made sure to include an entire paragraph on how rudely I was treated by the supt's secretary and how Bill and I have done nothing wrong - and how upset I was that she tried to twist this back on me. If the Special Ed. Sup. had posted the position when he was supposed to, it would have been done before the secretary went into the hospital and none of this would have been an issue. What a nightmare. I faxed over the official complaint this afternoon. I'm not completely sure what will happen now, but the good news is that the position has been posted and he has already interviewed two interested individuals, both of whom have a background with autisic children, so that is a huge bonus. Hopefully I will have some info on the progress of the out of compliance complaint later on Tuesday.....

2 comments:

keesh said...

Can you give me her # so I can call her and tell her off? :). Seriously though, I mean if she would have been nice and understanding then maybe you could handle waiting one more week, but being a rude bitch will get you no where. So sorry that she was like that to you. I didn't know there was a crime in asking someone to do their job. Hang in there hon and keep us posted. Hey, any word on if Emily's computer is fixed yet?

Jill said...

no word on Em's computer yet. She says she misses it desperately. I'm trying to keep her posted as best I can.... I'll see her again at work tonight and I'll try to get the status of her computer. :)