Sunday, November 27, 2005

What a week -- I had good intentions of blogging -but to no avail. Mary came down with the stomach flu on Monday night complete with vomiting, etc. -- and was basically lethargic and non-mobile all day Tuesday. I put in 40 hours at work, and then last night I was at the emergency room with Katie who has a double ear infection -- and she is not doing well. She was running a 103 temp and was basically lethargic and cranky -- definitely not good. She has those numbing ear drops now, which seem to be helping and they put her on an antibiotic. If I could get some sleep we would be in good shape.

Thanksgiving was good -- pretty laid back and uneventful - just the way we like it.

I also had the grandson of a good friend of mine die over last weekend which was really hard. He was born a few weeks early -- they induced the labor because they saw a spot of blood on his brain and they didn't think a vaginal delivery would be a good option. When he was delivered they ran a bunch of tests and determined that it was a brain tumor that was rapidly growing. They rushed him to the hospital at the University of Michigan, but he slipped away the next day. So that situation has been weighty on my mind as well. It's been quite a week. I have an 8 hour shift tonight --- crazy. I hope to write more often this week.

3 comments:

keesh said...

Oh, that is so sad Jill. about your kids and about your friends grandchild. That is always sad when a child dies...remember Parkar that died from Plainwell? I knew his parents and how sad was that! I don't know how people deal with loosing a child. My worst fear...

keesh said...

Jill - do you read your comments you silly woman you??

Jill said...

I do read my comments -- I just haven't been commenting on my comments! :( I'm crazy !!!!!! But thanks for your continued reading of my blog. I was glad to get caught up on yours & Susie's blogs, too. I just wish our friend Emily could get back on the blog, too! :)