Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Are we done yet??? With school that is!







Well, two weeks of school to go, and both of my girls are more than ready to be done. These are pics from Monday (Memorial Day). We spent some time at the Lake (Bill's dad's house). It was 80 plus degrees - great day.


My iris' are blooming ...that makes me happy.


Katie's schooling continues to stress me out. You would think with only 2 weeks to go I would not let anything phase me...but once again they wanted me to pick her up and take her home today. I am honestly tired of it... She was fine at home, but starts crying as soon as we pull into the parking lot at school. I think it is a combination of her allergies, her lack of desire to do cognitive work at school, and the vibe that she gets at school that perhaps they aren't really into dealing with her lately. She has always been the type of child that totally senses her caretaker's emotions and plays off of them. The teacher did concede at the end of the day that it was good Katie stayed because she did seem to settle into activities once she got past the initial reaction to them.... 9 1/2 days.... I can do this!


We 've started putting the garden in too... I'll post pics of that later when it's finished. My mom is coming over in the morning to help me finish it. We are going to try and grow sweet corn -- I know, sweet corn in the city...not sure how that is going to pan out...but I'll keep you posted !

3 comments:

Fred said...

Good luck until the end of the school year.

Just a thought from a totally naive outsider, but have you thought about setting time aside each day later this summer for cognitive activities? Maybe that might get her ready for next year.

I'm done as of Wednesday. I have mixed feelings, really. I'm ready for time off but I sure will miss my students.

Have a great week!

Bella Sweet Cakes said...

Hi Jill.. passing by to check how you doing...
School!!!! oh,, my hubby and I are dreading the word school for Braiden m,, here in Australia,, school starts on january,, and we are anxiously looking for a best school for him... Dont know yet if we will put him on mainstream school or a special school.. we're stressing out!! He is doing good,, talking more heaps,, more eye contact and his attitude has greatly improved!! thanks God for that .. the only problem in the house is our teenage girl!! ha ha ha
Anyway,, have a good day..
Nice flowerss.. for sure katie likes it too..
BTW belated Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!! we're both born in 1970!!!!!

Jill said...

Fred - yes, I am hopeful of putting together some type of daily cognitive plan for her this summer. I appreciate the "advice" as it is much needed. Maybe it will help me to actually get my booty in gear and put the program together for her!

Joy -- thanks for stopping by. Good luck with the school search..it is definitely a huge decision. Good luck!