Thursday, May 15, 2008

So you've had a bad day....

Well, more like a tough 48 hours...but who is keeping track? As I wrote in my post on Tuesday, the week got started with tough therapy for Katie and kept right on rolling.

Tuesday afternoon they called me from Katie's school to come pick her up early because she was trying to climb out the window (For those of you who are new to my blog, Katie has previously escaped her classroom several times this year - once out of the classroom window without them having any clue where she had gone.), and they "didn't want to deal with it " anymore. So at 3.99 a gallon I drive to school 45 minutes before the end of the day and pick her up. She looked tired and a bit put off. I picked her up and we waited for Mary to get out of school. Whatever happened to dealing with "naughty" behaviors in the classroom rather than calling the parent? We have a behavior plan in place. I'm thinking a time-out would have sufficed with only 40 minutes to go... They told me she actually had gone for the window twice - and at recess she had gotten away from them and wandered to the edge of the playground where it turns into parking lot. They told me "she never runs off at recess - so we were really surprised" - ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She runs off all the time - so why are they "trusting" her? I was a bit confused by that.

Anyway, that aside, today was a little better. They told me she had a much better day today.. Yesterday had been okay, but not great -- so I guess we're headed in a good direction. I was able to be home today and clean -- and I even squeaked in some time for SCRAPBOOKING! I know, what a shock. No calls from school -- it was a good day.

Tomorrow is my birthday -- and no, I don't have to work :) Bill made me a butter pecan birthday cake tonight...I can't wait to try it tomorrow. Hopefully I will get to do some more scrapbooking -- and have some good family time...and we'll forget about school until next Monday :)

1 comment:

Alice said...

Happy birthday! Sorry it's been such a rough week. It sounds so frustrating and like the school should be able to deal with those issues much better than they are. By the way, I love the new picture at the top--so cute!