Wednesday, May 07, 2008

This and That (Oh, and Gas is 3.89)

Well, lots has been happening since our weekend of swimming, soccer and spider hats, so I wanted to write an update. Some of you know that we do private therapy through the hospital for Katie twice a week -- that has been a huge bonus for her. We have seen so much progress. I thank God for great therapists that care about Katie and work to meet her where she is and push her to places I never knew she could go. We have started therapeutic listening with Katie - and she seems to love it. We have now borrowed the take-home set of earphones and are going to be doing the therapy on a daily basis. I'll try to take a picture of her when she is wearing the huge, oversized headphones. It's really cute :)

I'm also very tired. I've been spending too much time on facebook, mostly reconnecting with friends from college - and that is fun -- but I need to remind myself that facebook is not my priority -- and at midnight, sleep should be my priority. Are there any other facebook addicts out there?
And by the way -- gas went up to 3.89 here today. A record high for the State of Michigan. Lovely.


Another item worth mentioning here is that effective tomorrow I will be the Sr. Co-Chair of the parents club for the school that my two girls attend. I know, I'm crazy, but I'm really excited. I'm the Sr. Chair for next year, but I take over at the meeting tomorrow night. I'm sure there will be some posts in the future about the exciting times at parents club, but for now I will leave it with the fact that I'm a little nervous, but really looking forward to it.

Well, enough for now I guess. I should probably get to making dinner ....(or back to facebook -- just kidding :)

No comments: