Friday, May 16, 2008

Birthday Reflections...

Yes, as I said in my post yesterday, today is my birthday. I'm 38 - it's not a secret. I'm not one of those people who tries to hide her true age -- how silly. Just be who you are, the age you are. Yes, I have gray hair -- my dad was completely gray at 30, so I'm fortunate to be 40% gray (according to my hairdresser.) Sometimes I color my hair, sometimes I don't. C'mon people - I have a daughter with autism, I work, I volunteer at school, I do 4 people's laundry (and we all know that is a lot of laundry) -- so when do I have time to worry about coloring my hair!?!

Anyway, I just wanted to take a few minutes for myself on my birthday to reflect on the past year and where I 've been - and where I would like to be going in the 39th year of my life :) In the past year I:

1) Have stopped working full-time and am now a part-time employee. This gives me more time for my girls and for my hubby.
2) Have stepped up my volunteering at the girls' school and will be the President of the parents club at my childrens' school next year.
3) Have returned to regular church attendance - due in large part to a special program our church has developed for Katie. I have blogged previously on this topic, but am continually blessed to back in consistent church fellowship.
4) Have been thrilled with the progress Katie has been making. This is especially true in the areas of speech and imitation. She has come such a long way this past year.
5)Have been reminded that this life is not something we can do on our own. I serve an awesome God who is willing and wanting to walk along side me as I journey through this life. He has given me a wonderful husband and two amazing children to join me in that journey. How blessed I am.
6)Have been reminded of all of the fabulous friends I have made during my life. The "facebook revolution" has reconnected me with so many of my friends (especially my Moody Bible Institute friends ) and this have been a HUGE blessing to me to have renewed these friendships.

I am sure that there are many more things I could reflect on in this post, but you know, it's my birthday and I want to go downstairs and scrapbook for awhile before I need to go pick the girls up from school ... so that is what I'm going to do. Have a great day ... I know I'm going to :)

2 comments:

Connie said...

Happy Birthday! I turn 37 in about 3 weeks or so. Kinda crazy.. Glad you have had a great day!

Fred said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Jill.