Friday, October 28, 2005

I am really tired of being sick... and I am working 4 closes in a row at work, so I am tired! I feel like my blog has been renamed, "I'm tired of everyone being sick" blog. Yikes. Hopefully we are on the road to recovery. This is day 7 for me, but I think I am on the upward swing. I just sound like a bullfrog....

I am really frustrated about Katie's situation with school. Her teacher called me yesterday to suggest that we not put Katie in class on Monday due to Halloween -- all the costumes might freak her out b/c autistic kids don't have a very good sense of what is real and what isn't. They don't do "make-believe" play at all. Well, after we finished talking about that (which I was totally in agreement with) she mentioned that the school still hasn't posted the position for Katie's aide, and she is supposed to start attending school every day next Tuesday. I put a call in to the Special Education superintendant , but he has yet to call me back. The school will be out of compliance with her IEP if she isn't able to start attending with an aide on Tuesday. I don't like to cause problems, but I am a little frustrated that in the past two weeks they haven't found 5 minutes to post the job. I need to call him back today and find out what is going on. I'm not sure why he didn't call back, unless it's because he doesn't have anything good to tell me and he knows I will be upset.

I have to work tonight...but at least I got a good night's sleep last night.. that was the first in awhile. Hopefully I'll have good news about Katie's situation later today.

1 comment:

Emily Beth said...

I'm sorry things are so screwy for you right now. I know you know how to get action out of people though. Get angry, maybe then they'll listen. If you need reinforcements you can always count me in!