Monday, October 17, 2005

Katie's IEP was a success. At least I believe it was. They have agreed to give her an aide 5 days a week -- both for her safety and for her benefit for being able to learn more easily. They have to find someone to fill the postition, so until then Katie can only attend class two days a week -- but they have promised to have the situation resolved by Nov. 1st . My hope is that by next week she will be in the class 5 days a week.

It is hard for me to make the transition to a classroom for Katie because all of her in-home therapies are now ending and I have made friends with all of the therapists -- so it is hard to have to let go a bit of those relationships. They are all great -- and I know that I could call any of them if I need anything. I know that the classroom will be great for Katie. Especially after I found out that she sat in a chair for 4 minutes and actually smiled at the teacher so they could take her picture while she was sitting. Is this really my Katie? I'm thrilled for her that she is showing such good signs of progress. Hard to believe she is 3 --- I guess in some ways she will always be my baby -- especially because she is still in diapers (cloth -- which is a topic for another day) and because in so many ways it is like caring for an infant. She has no sense of danger and you have to look out for her all of the time.

Well, its late and I'm tired -- and of course I need to check in on my ebay......

No comments: