Monday, October 17, 2005

Monday, Monday. Katie's IEP is today. Thanks for your comments, Susie. I'm sorry to hear that Idaho doesn't have a good program for kids who need help. I am really thankful that we live in a good school district that has an excellent program for kids. It's not specifically an autism program, but she is in a really good speech and language impaired classroom and they do extra things to specifically help her with her autism. I'm hoping that the IEP goes well. There are some issues with getting her an aide 5 days a week (which I think I mentioned earlier), so hopefully we can get that straightened out today.

I don't have to work tonight (oh.. and the answer to where do I work is Kohl's department store.) I am hoping to get a good night's sleep. I need to stop drinking so much coffee, I think it is really messing with my sleep schedule.

Katie did go to school this morning. It went really well. She looked exhausted when I picked her up, but they said she actually sat down to have her drink/snack (which is a rule in the classroom -- but she doesn't like to sit still for anything). She stayed for 4 minutes -- they even took pictures of her sitting there because they were so excited (and they didn't think I would believe them :) )

I will definitely try to post some more tonight on how the IEP went, but for now, my messy house is calling me. Somedays I feel like the laundry never ends!!!

No comments: